Wednesday, 5 July 2017

#YourLegacy in Review!

This week it was my absolute honor to bring you a book for men, but loved by all! 
This book is sincerely and honestly a page turning sensation with plenty of twists, and a SURPRISE ENDING you will never see coming. 
There is mystery, espionage, suspense, action and intrigue! No one is who they seem! 
Check out the recap of Author Lee Jackson's week!




When Ronald Reagan asks West Point graduate and covert operator Atcho to execute an impossible mission, he finds himself on a deadly mission deep in Siberia with no support. His foe is a Soviet general bent on a coup and gaining control of the USSR’s nuclear weaponry. At the back of Atcho’s mind is that the country he is sent to save is the same Superpower that helped enslave Cuba, his beloved birthplace.
Out of the gloom surrounding the murders of the brooding mystic Rasputin and the Russian royal family, emerges the evil that survived World War II. It fomented the Cold War and propelled their effects into the modern age. Atcho must avert their horrors, yet to be imagined on a global scale.

In a style reflective of Vince Flynn, Robert Ludlum, and Tom Clancy, Book 2 of this Cold War series is sure to thrill, and if you have not read Curse The Moon, check out the back of this book for a sneak-peek of the story of how Atcho became Atcho.





 Pre-Order purchasers will receive these 4 BONUSES FREE!
  • Bonus 1:  The True Story Behind Atcho
  • Bonus 2:  SMACKDOWN - An Excerpt From a Work in Progress
  • Bonus 3:  Aleksey’s Account of Rasputin’s Murder
  • Bonus 4:  A Complimentary eBook of CURSE THE MOON*

* To receive your CURSE THE MOON eBook, email a copy of your purchase receipt to GetDigitalCurseTheMoon@gmail.com.



For those who purchase Paperbacks during the Pre-Order period, email a copy of your purchase receipt to GetDigitalCurseTheMoon@gmail.com. You’ll receive back all the bonuses in eBook form. 

If you would like your book autographed, tell us that in your email. We’ll provide back an address to which to send your copy. When sending, be sure to include pre-paid shipment materials to send the autographed book back to you.




Lee Jackson is a bestselling, award-winning thriller author. He was an Infantry officer with a front row seat on world affairs, and spent 38 months in Iraq and Afghanistan. Book 1 of his Cold War Series, Curse The Moon was published in 5 countries. Book 2, Rasputin’s Legacy, is due to go on pre-order on June 28, and will be fully released by July 28. Curse The Moon follows Atcho, a counter-revolutionary leader in Cuba turned unwilling spy in the U.S. The odds he faces seem overwhelming as he must choose between saving the world from nuclear holocaust – or his daughter. In Rasputin’s Legacy, he faces a surreal challenge: he must save the country that enslaved his own, or deliver control of the Soviet nuclear apparatus into the hands of a maniac. Can he set aside his personal desire for revenge? Lee Jackson lives and works with his wife in Texas.

             





The Cold War. A backdrop to betrayal. A playground to power. When his daughter is kidnapped, Cuban-born, West Point Graduate Atcho must be a sleeper agent to men he'd rather kill. Atcho's rise opens doors into US National Defense even as a seemingly omniscient KGB officer holds unflinching sway over his actions. His public life clashes with secrets that only he and his tormentor share, isolating him in a world of intrigue among people whom he is determined not to betray. His choice: save his daughter, or save he world from nuclear holocaust.

When the darkness of night is your only camouflage, you learn to Curse the Moon. Get your copy here now.

Curse The Moon is the first book in Lee Jackson’s Cold War Series. The sequel, Rasputin's Legacy, will be released in late-April 2017.

In the tradition of Robert Ludlum’s page-turner, The Bourne Identity, Atcho fights against overwhelming odds, bleeds when hurt, and won’t back down. Think: Jason Bourne meets Dr. Zhivago.

To experience the violent intrigue of Cold War Cuba and Russia vs. the United States, get Curse The Moon today.









Top 10 Favorite Things About The 4th of July

Freedom
Celebration of our Independence
Brilliance and Care of our Forefathers
Courage and Perseverance of our fighters in the War for Independence
National unity in the celebration
Parades recognizing all of the above
Being with Family
Passing on the history and tradition to our progeny
Continuation of the fight to protect our rights and liberties
Did I mention Freedom!


Music I like that could be associated with Rasputin’s Legacy 








Guest Post by Lee Jackson:

People ask where I come up with my story ideas. The answer is simple: everywhere. The ones that intrigue me most are the ones relating to the eternal struggle for liberty. People don’t want to hear me or anyone else lecture on what is good or evil; what constitutes freedom when security is jeopardized; or for that matter, on anything at all. Yet today, people learn from stories. Truth be told, that’s how it’s always been, formalized in ancient Greek amphitheaters. I believe that if I find something interesting, others might as well, and if I am going to ask people to spend the time on whatever it is that I find interesting, then my obligation is to occupy their interest in a way that entertains while it informs. 


Sufficient misery exists in the world without my adding to it, so as an operating philosophy, I write my stories to tie together elements of history whereby one event seems to cause another in a way perhaps not thought about before. Hence, in Rasputin’s Legacy, a major premise is that the chance meeting between the last Tsar of Russia’s daughters and the mystic Rasputin deep in the forests of Siberia brought about the conditions that led to the Cold War, and later to the demise of the Soviet Union. But how is that possible?

History is full of such significant minor events, another example being the width of our railroad tracks in the Western world being set by Roman chariots? How did that happen? (Very quickly: Roman bridges had to be built wide enough to allow passage of two side-by-side horses pulling a chariot. Many of those bridges are still in use, and when the railroads were developed in Europe, they used those existing bridges. Hence, the width of the railroads. That standard then passed to the US. Farther speculation could find that a huge number of large-sized equipment transported by railway were developed to meet those same considerations.)

Did Hitler’s doctor really render him a mental cripple over time? Did Churchill’s dentist really save his life and his mental capacity? How would the world be different if that doctor and that dentist had not lived. “For the want of a nail…"

That said, dry history books are seldom read. People that lay down hard cash to buy a book usually don’t mind learning, but they want to be entertained. So, my self-imposed rule is that I write stories around historical events and insist on accuracy to the greatest extent. When character develops, it happens naturally. When violence or action occurs, it is because the story progression leaves no other route. Coincidences must be just that, coincidences, and not implausible literary tools.

I was a senior intelligence supervisor in Iraq and Afghanistan. Intelligence analysis is largely guesswork based on gathered information, and the conclusions must be ones based on stringent analytical standards. That is my final rule for me: that the conclusions I lead my readers to must be based on solid analysis, and must be credible to analysts at the highest levels.

While I hope readers learn something from my stories, I hope more that they are entertained. If I do not achieve the latter, learning anything from me would be a pipe dream.

Please enjoy RASPUTIN’S LEGACY!

Lee



Interview

I've had a crush on Author Lee Jackson ever since I've read his first book, Curse The Moon. In my opinion his writing and the emotion his work evokes are right up there with Wilbur Smith, John Green, T.S Eliot, Ernest Hemingway, Stephen King and C.S. Lewis to name a few.

Anyhoo...I heard that he was going to be at the Port Isabel. I presumed (being the  History buff he is) that he was going to see the world famous Port Isabel Lighthouse State Historic Park on the Texas Coast. With my printed PDF copy of his latest book, Rasputin's Legacy, I jumped on the first flight I could get. Getting through customs at Dallas was a breeze. Life was looking good!! But...
As soon as I had arrived there in my little rental car from the Brownsville Airport, my heart sank! The Lighthouse was closed for renovations! Where could he have been?? I asked around... No one knew. Finally, as I was about to give up, I discovered that he had hired a boat. My heart had leaped in ecstatic joy and utter disappointment at the same time. I took a deep, calming breath and knew what I had to do.

Racing down the peer in the speed boat I had stolen, I finally found the him. I could see Author Lee Jackson enjoying the ocean breeze with his wife.




"Ahoy!!! Lee Jackson!! Leee!!!" I continued shouting his name until he had heard me. He cut the engine to his boat. After a rather awkward silence and a very nasty look, he responded.












"Do I know you?" he had asked.












"Not in person! We are friends on Facebook! I want to talk to you about your book and I hope you can sign my book."


















After some thought, and a brief discussion with his wife, I got my wish. "Well young lady, you have two minutes. Ask away."  















I decided to cut to the chase. Time was of the essence. I had to know!! 
"I absolutely love your work!!  What inspired you to write books?"








"A belt! When I was in 5th grade (I was in a British school in Morocco, and I’m a Texan), my teacher instructed to write a short story. I threw a tantrum and said I could not. She enlisted the help of a male teacher who took me into the library and convinced me that I could. Through stinging, wet eyes, and while sitting on a sensitive back-side, I scratched out my tome.
I don’t know how good it was really, but it received a lot of acclaim. So did my next one and next one… That continued through high school. In the 9th grade, my English teacher always read the short story in any given week that earned the top grade. That became the weekly Lee Jackson story hour. I was hooked. In college, and in my career, my mouth got me into trouble, and my writing ability got me out. As a result, I became what I call a “convinced writer.” Sometimes I am still amazed that people like to read what I write, but I no longer question the phenomenon.
Every pursuit I’ve followed in my adult life has been to set up where I can write full time, and now I do. That’s not to say that my wife is not petrified at times, but we’ve lasted 40 years together, so we might get through this."


 

"What do you love about writing in general?"









"That’s very hard to say. I shouldn’t love it. It is a solitary pursuit. I’ve told friends that if I were to be reincarnated and could pick my talent, I think I might pick a different one than writing. There might be other professions where so much work must be done before a general audience heralds or dismisses the work of weeks, months, years, but I don’t know of one. It is more of a compulsion for me. Yet when I’m in the zone (i.e. working hard on a story, whether producing original copy or editing something already created), I get lost in time. My longsuffering wife reminds me to clean up, my granddaughter (just turned 5) tells me I have crazy hair, I cans see my own scruffy, unshaven face in the mirror, and a lot of the time I forget to eat. Yet when I’m in that place, I’m a happy man. There must be a bit of insanity working there."


 


"What advice can you give aspiring Authors in your genre?"







"Slow down. Don’t be in a rush. Let quality rule over quantity. With the advent of Amazon and other publishing venues, the world is awash in bad writing. Many authors try to overcome income deficits by producing more and more – and much of it is bad. As the saying goes, writing is re-writing. I have been through Rasputin’s Legacy easily over 100 times. It has been edited by 4 good editors (the last one discovered Stephen King and John Grisham), 15 beta readers, a proofreader, and 279 advance readers. Yet this morning, an advance reader I had not interacted with before sent me a plain-as-the-nose-on-your-face error that none of the above had caught.

There is such a thing as “perfect being the enemy of good enough,” but it is still true that “bad is the enemy of good,” and the difference might be time, and as I learned in writing Rasputin’s Legacy, “hurry might incur an opportunity cost.” Fortunately, in this case, I had good reason to slow down, and the opportunities that came my way as a result made the forced patience worthwhile. (I say that, despite that Rasputin’s Legacy is not yet in the market as of this writing.)
Very quick explanation: I thought I was ready (and was certainly anxious) to publish two years ago. Then a good friend read it. He is the producer of the movie, Die Hard with a Vengeance. He told me I had produced a gold-mine, but the book still needed a lot of work. Over the next year, he mentored me, and then turned me over to the editor mentioned above who discovered Stephen King. Often their advice rankled me, but given their success, I thought I ought to at least try their suggestions. Meanwhile, I learned a whole lot more about how to market effectively, and I am in much better position to enter the market than I was with Curse the Moon (my first book), and even in a far more favorable position that I was two years ago when I had thought I was ready to publish. The market has yet to speak, but if it does not like Rasputin’s Legacy, then I saved the world much anguish by not publishing it back then. If I had been in a hurry or insisted on my own timetable, I would have missed much opportunity – and not the least among them is that Carmine and I will work together to write the screenplay."






"What’s your favorite part of being an author?"





"Getting lost in time and my story. Worries disappear. (OK, truth be told, they resurrect as soon as I come out of my trance.) I can explore the depths of the ocean, the far reaches of outer space, the courage of patriots, or the machinations of politicians."









  


"What is the worst part about being an author?"









"Marketing. It’s a necessary evil."














"What do you do for fun?"












"Write, play with my grandchildren, travel, and visit friends and family."













"How do you find time to write?"









"Sometimes I don’t, and these days, the thief of my time is marketing."













 "What is in your WIP or next book you thought about writing?"






"As a bonus to Pre-Order purchasers, I have included in the books ordered during that time, an excerpt titled Smack Down. I woke up one morning around 2 o’clock in the morning with the idea in my head and an insistent urge to get up and write it. I’ve shown it to a few people, and they love it. One of my advance readers who had been particularly helpful asked me to pleeeez give her a hint of what I was working on. Here’s what she wrote back:
“That was cruel - now I actually want the whole book immediately. That little snippet of intrigue is bound to impede my sleep (it's almost 3:30am now) whilst I ponder just where you are heading.”
My dilemma with Smack Down is that it seems to be heading in a completely different direction than would be logical for Cold War Series, Book 3, and I’m already working on that. I’m not an outliner. When I write a story, I develop my main characters and then put them together in a room to see what they do. They end up telling me the story. Well, that’s not quite true. I give them a general sense of where I’m going, and let them tell me how we get there.
Another book I’m working on has the working title of, Cuba. It won Best In Show in a writers’ conference many years ago, and it’s more of a saga, though with plenty of action and intrigue filtered in (I can’t get away from it any more than a yellow Labrador puppy can NOT dig craters in my back yard!) It starts back in 1492 when Columbus sailed the ocean blue, but there were other events of equal epic proportion that are lost in history, and took place that year near where that historic voyage started. What is the double impact of those two events, and how have they shaped the modern world? That’s a longer-term project."




 "Where do you write?"









"My office sits on my lap wherever I am."









"Are you a full-time author?"












"I’d like to say yes, but these days, I think marketing is my full-time job, and writing is my part time job. I’d like to see that reverse. "

The waters became choppy, and the wind had picked up to the extent where I could barely hear him. Fearing that my precious copy of Rasputin's Legacy would get blown away if I had tried to hand it to him to sign, I decided to wait for him on land, preferably in a Restaurant of some sort.
I sped away...but he was never seen again!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We are eager to hear what you have to say. Please leave a comment and wait for approval.